This turon (banana lumpia) is one of my favorite meriendas (light meals), and it's so easy to make, even a child can do it! It's a must try, especially if you can't think about something to cook. So, for all the diehard banana fans, this is for you.
- Applicable to plantain or Saba varieties only.
- Cooking oil
- Ripe bananas (plantain/Saba variety)
- Ripe jackfruit
- Rice flour wrapper (lumpia wrapper)
- 1 egg
Step 1 Peel and slice bananas
Peel off and slice the bananas in half.
Step 2 Slice jackfruit into strips
Remove the seeds from the jackfruit meat. Do not throw them away—you could still boil or roast them as nuts. They are edible and delicious. Slice the jackfruit meat into strips.
Step 3 Prepare the lumpia wrapper
Separate the rice flour wrappers from each other.
Step 4 Prepare the sealant
Beat the egg in a small bowl.
Step 5 Wrap
- Put 1 slice of banana on the rice flour wrapper, and add some strips of jackfruit meat.
- Roll the wrapper around the banana to finish wrapping.
- Seal the edges using the beaten egg as an adhesive.
Step 6 Roll
Roll the wrapped banana in sugar.
Step 7 Fry
Fry the "turon" on medium heat. Cook until the wrapper turns golden brown in color.
Step 8 Drain
Drain to remove the excess oil and serve hot or cold.
- Do not burn while frying.
- This snack can be served with hot or cold beverages.
- This can easily be mass produced for extra income.
Thanks to my girlfriend for the pictures and for helping me get this done. Also, thanks to Market Manila for the picture of the final product. I accidentally deleted my photo of the final product. It looks exactly the same.
Have a nice snack, people.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.