These muffins are a quick, yummy breakfast or a light, delicious mid-afternoon snack. This easy recipe provides you with moist, light muffins every time! This recipe makes 12 large muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup grated apple (approximately 2 small apples)
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butters
Step 1 Mix Dry Ingredients
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
Step 2 Mix Wet Ingredients
In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs together. Add the sour cream and melted butter. Add the grated apple. Stir until combined and the apple is well coated. You will have quite a liquid mixture.
Step 3 Combine Ingredients
Add your wet ingredients (the apple, etc.) to the flour mixture. Stir well. You will now have a wet but thick batter.
Step 4 Make the Topping
To make the topping, mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut in the cold butter. If you don't have a pastry blender, feel free to use your finger tips. Mix until the butter is in small chunks and evenly distributed.
Step 5 Bake and Enjoy!
Distribute the batter evenly between the 12 sections in your muffin tin. Sprinkle the topping on each muffin; about a teaspoon of topping per muffin. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes. The muffins should look golden brown and have risen quite a bit.
Enjoy with a cup of afternoon tea!
- If you don't have sour cream on hand, mix 3/4 cups of milk with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Stir the mixture and let it sit. In about 10 minutes, the milk should be thick and lumpy. This makes a fine sour cream substitute.
- A standard cheese grater works fine to grate the apples. You don't have to peel them first, but make sure you choose an apple with a soft peel. Use fresh apples and retain the juice as you grate to add to your muffins for an extra moist baked treat.
- You can use muffin liners if you like when baking the muffins, but if you don't have them, simply grease each section with a little butter.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades