- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt, cinnamon & sugar, or other topping
Step 1 Prepare yeast.
In a small bowl, combine yeast, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 1/4 cup warm water. Let sit 10 minutes or until creamy.
Step 2 Combine dry ingredients.
Mix together flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt.
Step 3 Knead dough.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add yeast mixture and oil. Knead dough until smooth - about 7-8 minutes.
Step 4 Let dough rise.
Place the ball of dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise about an hour, or until doubled in size.
Step 5 Shape pretzels.
Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces, roll into a rope, and shape into a pretzel shape.
Step 6 Add topping.
Mix baking soda and 4 cups hot water. Dip each pretzel in the baking soda and then in the topping of choice. Place on a greased baking sheet.
Step 7 Bake.
Bake in a 450 degree oven 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 8 Eat!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades