Rock candy endures as a childhood sweet because it is both taught in science class as a fun (and yummy) experiment and because it's made entirely out of sugar. And you'd have to be just downright weird if you're a kid who doesn't like sugar.
Watch this video to learn how to make your very own rock candy. Experiment with various types of food coloring to produce different colors, and make sure to involve your kids in the process!
Mix 1 cup of water with 3 cups of sugar in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat and then remove from heat.
Add food colour or some flavouring (peppermint extract, cherry extract etc.) if desired. Stir.
Pour into a glass container and suspend string, a pipecleaner or a wooden skewer in the solution.
After a few days crystal will begin to grown on the object suspended in the liquid. Pour into new container if there are too many sugar crystals on the bottom or sides of the container.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades