Okay, so just as a safety precaution before you dive right in and make yourself a batch of cotton candy at home, remember that melting sugar and corn syrup requires very high temperatures, so you could get burned if you're not careful. Make sure you keep a bowl of cool water next to you at all times just in case any of the hot stuff gets on your skin.
This is a great summertime treat to make for your kids and doesn't require you to purchase a clunky cotton candy maker, which means you'll also be saving lots of money. Read on for the written ingredients, then watch the video to get the how-to.
5 cups granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. water
Flavoring (vanilla extract or other like peppermint extract)
Food color paste (or liquid)
Vegetable baking spray
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades