How to Make chicken quesadillas with your kids
You don't need to head south of the border for this yummy lunchtime meal. Join Carrie and her friends as they add a fun Mexican twist to the old fashioned grilled cheese. This tasty meal will have your taste buds yelling ole! Watch this cooking how-to video and learn how to make chicken quesadillas with your kids.
Chicken quesadilla ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (pounded flat by your butcher)
1 package tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
1 onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
butter for frying
jar of salsa
1. Have 2 chicken breasts pounded flat at the Co-op. Slice chicken into strips and sauté in a hot pan with 2 T olive oil until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Add 1 small chopped onion and sauté with chicken until onions are translucent. If you like, add 1 chopped red pepper and continue sautéing until peppers are slightly tender.
3. Put mixture in a bowl and clean out pan. Place about a teaspoon of butter in pan and lay one tortilla on the melted butter over medium heat.
4. Place a spoonful of chicken into middle of tortilla and sprinkle shredded cheese over chicken.
5. Fold tortilla over in half and press down with a spatula to seal the tortilla. Turn quesadilla over after a minute and cook on the other side for another minute.
6. Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole.