For all that they are marketed as healthy meal alternatives or snacks on the go, granola bars are pretty damn bad for you. With high fructose corn syrup ranking among the top five ingredients in the ingredients list and a bunch of other cheap corn products thrown into the mix, you wouldn't be much better off eating Cheetos.
But granola bars can be healthy if you make them yourself. Check out this episode of The Minimalist with Mark Bittman to learn how to make healthy, no-bake almond and apricot granola bars.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades