Satisfy your cravings by making America's favorite snack, the potato chip, at home.
You Will Need
* Four potatoes
* A heavy saucepan
* Peanut oil
* Paper towels
* A slotted spoon
Peel the potatoes and soak them for at least 30 minutes to wash away excess starch.
Fill your saucepan half full of oil and heat to 375 degrees.
Dry the potatoes. Slice them about 1/8 of an inch thick.
Make sure your potatoes are dry or they'll splatter in the fryer.
Add potatoes to the pan in small batches.
Fry for about three minutes or until golden brown.
Remove the cooked chips with a slotted spoon and set them on paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle with salt and watch them disappear.
Fact: Legend says that potato chips were invented by a disgruntled chef responding to a customer's suggestion that his potatoes were too thick.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades