Measure corn and oil into a large pot. A heavy-bottom pot is best, but any pot will work.
Cover the pot with the lid and turn the burner's heat to Medium. If your pot's lid is tight and doesn't allow steam to escape leave it slightly ajar.
Gently shake the pot to evenly spread the oil.
When the popping slows, remove the pot from the burner.
Add salt or another seasoning as desired, after popping.
If you like more buttery popcorn, melt butter in a separate pot and pour over freshly popped popcorn.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades