Onigiri is simple, but still good. Also good toasted
For this you'll need:
Short grain rice
Some filling (fish, umeboshi, other tsukemono, etc.)
Make rice according to the directions on its package. Cut the top off of a zipper bag and place the bag in a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Cut sheet of nori into strips. When rice is done and still hot, place a bit in the bag, let it steam up the plastic, and dump it out. Sprinkle salt on the plastic and then fill the cup completely with rice. Bury a piece of filling in the middle and remove the plastic bag from the cup. Form into a ball or triangle and remove from the plastic. Wrap a strip of nori around the bottom.
You can make them bigger if you'd like. I just think small ones are cute.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades