Holiday nuts are a go-to snack during this busy season. But those canned cashews and almonds and pecans you can get at the store have been sitting there on the shelves for longer than you can imagine.
So treat yourself to some fresh, vibrantly flavored nuts this season by baking your own. Check out this food tutorial to learn how to make spiced pecans.
Pecans have an innate sweetness that makes for a great snack. Barbara Heiberg lightly toasts them stove-top in butter, garlic, black pepper, cayenne, salt and sugar to make them both sweet and savory. Once toasted, they're given a last-minute hand toss with sea salt and sugar in this how2heroes video. While this recipe offers salty, peppery and garlicky pecans, you can also try toasting them in butter and cinnamon and use peanuts or walnuts. Variety is the spice of life.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades