Do you love Christmas sweets but can't stand fruitcake because it's overly saccharine? Then perhaps this recipe will get you loving candied fruits in your desserts once again.
These Christmas cookie slices are made from butter, flour, eggs, and some candied fruits and peels that add a little extra sweetness without being cloy.
These taste a little like Christmas cake in a cookie. These are only for people that like the taste of candied fruit. The cookies are a little on the dry side, but would be perfect if paired with milk or coffee.
1 cup butter softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups candied fruits and peels (You can used just candied red and green cherries if you like)
1 cup nuts (optional)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades