Watch this cooking how-to video as Tracy cooks some authentic Jamaican fried dumplings and boiled dumplings. These tasty dumplings make a great snack. Follow along in this Jamaican cooking lesson to learn how to fry and boil dumplings.
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
Oil for frying
Preparation for dumpling dough:
Sieve the flour in to a bowl, stir in the salt and baking powder.
Cut the butter in to small lumps and add to the mixture.
Work the mixture in to a breadcrumb-like texture.
Add the milk a little bit at a time and work in to the mixture (if it is added too quickly the mixture may not bind properly). Knead the mixture until it is smooth.
Divide the mixture in to small balls about 5cm in diameter then flatten the balls so they are about 2cm thick. The dumplings are now ready to be either boiled or fried.
Heat the oil over a low heat.
Fry until golden brown (this should take about five minutes).
Place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil and serve.
Place the dumplings in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades