If Brie is your favorite kind of cheese— soft, mild and creamy, yet firm— then you have to try this appetizer recipe! It's called Candied Walnut-Brie Pockets, and it's great for snacking, parties and more! Any cheese lover won't be able to resist these "Brie en croûte" style treats, a French cuisine term which translates as "Brie in a crust". But these isn't just merely crusted Brie— the tempting taste of the candied walnuts adds perfection to this recipe from Holiday Kitchen.
1 17.3 oz package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets), thawed
1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
2 oz camembert cheese, cut into 32 (1/2-inch) cubes
flour for rolling
Thaw: 40 minutes
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Cool: 10 minutes
Makes: 32 pieces
1. Take out a package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets and remove both sheets from the box. Let them thaw on the counter for 40 minutes - or overnight in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Combine the walnuts and rosemary with the brown sugar in a small bowl.
4. Lightly flour your surface and unfold the first pastry sheet. Roll it into a 12-inch square. Cut it into 16 3-inch squares. Repeat this process with the remaining pastry sheet, making 32 squares in all.
5. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the walnut mixture into the center of each pastry square. Top each with a cube of camembert.
6. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with water and fold the corners to the center over the filling. Twist tightly to seal, fanning out the corners.
7. Place the filled pastries into 32 (inch and a half) mini muffin cups. Bake them for about 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
8. Let the pastries cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.