Nothing beats an appetizer packed with healthy spinach and delightful cheeses. It's the perfect party snack, and in this video, you'll learn the recipe for Spinach & Cheese Swirls from Holiday Kitchen. These spinach and cheese appetizers are made with puff pastry, and look so good, your friends will think you're hiding the caterer!
1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup muenster cheese or monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 green onion, chopped (about 2 tbsp)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 package (about 10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
flour for rolling
Thaw Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 20 pieces
1. Take out a package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets and remove one from the box. Let it thaw on the counter for 40 minutes - or overnight in the fridge. Return the second to the freezer.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with one tablespoon of water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
4. Mix the muenster or monterey jack cheese together with the parmesan cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
5. Lightly flour your surface and unfold one pastry sheet. Brush the pastry sheet with the egg mixture and top it with the cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the chopped spinach.
6. Starting with a short side, roll the pastry up like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 20 (1/2) slices.
7. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto baking sheets and brush with the egg mixture.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
9. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let the swirls cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before serving.